Wednesday 1 September 2010

Review - clinique 3 step

Hiya! So here is my first product review, and as promised it is on the clinique 3 step system, which I started using recently!

   I always enjoy looking at the skincare counters in department stores, and was offered a consultation by the lady at the Clinique counter, so of course I obliged! She analysed my skin, demonstrated the 3 step products on me, and also gave me a make-over. I was there for nearly an hour, and was really impressed with everything.
    I decided to purchase the 3 step starter kit (from Debenhams), which cost £20, and it contains: 50ml Liquid facial soap, 100ml Clarifying lotion & 30ml Dramatically Different Moisturising gel. (The consultation revealed my skin type is number 3 - combination oily, however skin types 1 & 2 would receive the moisturizing lotion, and type 4 would also receive a gel.)
    The system is really simple to use. Firstly you wash your face with the liquid facial soap and rinse off (I find this really pleasant to use and you don’t need a lot to completely clean your face.) Next you pour a few drops of the clarifying lotion onto a cotton pad and swipe it all over your face. (The type 3 formulation doesn’t smell very pleasant, but I can really feel it working on the skin, you can feel a very light tingling. Also, it is actually an exfoliator, not a toner, which I used to think it was!)
    Finally you moisturise with the gel, and you don’t need a lot to cover your face. (I find it makes my skin feel baby soft which is really nice!)

    GOOD POINTS
    *Quick and simple to use, it literally takes a few minutes!
      *It definitely helped with oiliness, I no longer wake up with a very oily t zone!
      *I do think that, even after using for just 2 weeks, that my skin started looking a        lot  clearer, mainly on my cheeks and forehead.
    *For £20 it’s great value, as the products don’t go down too quickly.

    BAD POINTS
    *It doesn’t really help to combat spots. I suffer from quite frequent breakouts, and the consultant did say that the system would ‘stop spots in their tracks’…so I wouldn’t recommend this system if you have a specific skin care problem.
    *You can’t use the liquid facial soap to take make-up off, which means you have to spend some extra money on finding  a separate cleanser. I did think that the title (3 step system) would suggest a core skin care system, including a cleanser or a dual cleanser/facial wash, as opposed to just a facial wash.

So that’s the first proper installment of my blog….I hope it’ll be useful for some of you! Please let me know what you think, if there’s anything that could improve my review, and also if any of you have tried and liked/disliked the 3 step too!
-x-





  

No comments:

Post a Comment